Ron & Hermione Pick-a-prompt Fest
We are a Deviantart group dedicated entirely to our favourite couple! We host contests all the time, and with the upcoming release of Deathly Hallows: Part II, we decided to have a fest instead!
This is only for Deviantart members, and you have to be part of the group, but if you are there or could spread the word, I'd really appreciate it! It was inspired in all of the amazing fests and challenges here at LJ, but I hope I created something different and unique ^-^
How does it work?
We are going to offer prompts. These will be quotes from all the seven books, belonging to parts of dialogue said by either Ron or Hermione (I think there are a couple of quotes by someone else, though), but the trick is that we won't say which book, chapter, page and even character it is about.
You will have to use it as inspiration for what you're going to create: if you remember what scene it comes from, you can depict it but in a new, original way (i.e. missing moment, different pov, etc.), or you can create something completely different, and in this you can include the quote verbatim or not (in the case of fanfiction). You can't just illustrate the scene as it is in the book!
In this first stage, we open claims for what you'd like to receive as a gift
. Read the selected prompts, pick one and send us a note
containing the following:
Note title: Receiver Prompt (please entitle your notes!)Prompt number:Do you prefer to get art or fic?Are you over 16?
Your picks won't be revealed, which is why it's very important that you don't leave a comment
! Each prompt can be claimed only once (for now).
Then we open claims for what you'd like to create
. Again, you pick a prompt you'd like to work on and send us a note containing the following:
Title: Giver PromptPrompt number:Are you a writer, an artist or both?Are you over 16?
And again, these picks won't be revealed either.
In both cases, I will write next to the prompts Claimed to receive/Claimed to give
once you've noted me.Do not send both claims!
I'll ask for your giver claims once we're in that stage of the fest.
After that, participants will be paired according to their claims. You can only claim a gift if you can offer to do something in return.
As I already said, the exchange is anonymous: you won't know who you're writing or drawing for and the receiver won't know it either (ok, partially anonymous, since it will appear on your gallery).
Your submissions will be kept on hold until we reach the date for reveals, and they will be accepted periodically (check schedule below).
Schedule:Receiver Prompt Claims:
April 29 to May 12Giver Prompt Claims:
May 13 to May 26Submissions Due:
June 16 (you can submit earlier, whenever you're done)Reveals:
From June 17 on!Prompts:
Check them out in this post
- Both art and fiction are allowed.
- Minimum length of fanfiction is 1000 words, there's no maximum. It has to be a story, no poems or similar.
- Artwork can be coloured, black and white or lineart, but it cannot be a sketch. Also, it can be in comic form.
- It must be quality work, in any case! This is a gift exchange: if you expect something good, give something good. The artwork cannot be a sketch, a bad scan or done in squared paper or similar. The story cannot be a draft or unedited.
- Your story must be beta-read.
- All gifts must be original works, specifically done for this fest and with the given prompts. Also, it can't be part of an existing series of your works (like a new chapter of an already posted story).
- Absolutely any period of time is accepted. Crossovers are not.
- Needless to say, this is a Ron and Hermione fest, so other pairings/characters are accepted but only in the background. And both characters have to appear or be implied in your submission.
- Ratings from G to R are allowed, but I will tell you whether you're allowed to do R depending on the age of your recipient.
- Works must not be submitted to any other group, or posted anywhere else outside dA, until the fest is over. Check more here.
I hope to see you there! ♥